Challenger Institute of Technology consists of campuses and centres along the coastline south of Perth from Fremantle to the Peel region and inland to Murdoch. Challenger Institute is the preferred choice of more than 25,000 full-time and part-time students applying for a huge variety of careers, courses and subjects.
Our Industry Training Centres
Challenger Institute has several industry training centres to provide quality training for our industry and community clients.
The Centres are closely aligned to the needs of industry. They are focused on targeting their training and employment services for the wider community including for diverse, and in some instances, disadvantaged groups.
Industry Training Centres
- Australian Centre for Energy and Process Training
- Automotive Technology Skills Centre
- Community Services Training Centre
- Construction Industry Skills Centre
- Information Technology and Business Skills Centre
- Quinlan’s Hospitality and Tourism Training Centre
- Visage Training Centre for Health & Lifestyle
- WA Applied Engineering and Shipbuilding Training Centre
- WA Centre for Leadership, Cultural and Community Development
- WA Horticulture and Environmental Science Skills Centre
- WA Maritime Training Centre
- WA Wool Technology Training Centre
The Institute also has:
- Fremantle e-Tech Centre (an innovative information technology, communication and training facility in the heart of Fremantle City);
- a strong commitment to Diversity Programs for students with various needs (access and equity, adult literacy, art, disability and TEE studies);
- a specialist support with Kadadjiny Mia – Centre for Aboriginal Learning; and
- lifestyle and leisure courses for people looking for hobby or personal development opportunities.
Specialised Training Venues:
At Challenger Institute we aim to provide training that gives students skills that closely match those needed in their future workplace. That is why we have a number of dynamic specialised training venues known as ‘live works’. These specialised training venues offer students hands-on and industry-relevant opportunities beyond traditional learning avenues, in an actual work environment, with actual customers. The customers patronising the venues benefit too: with quality services and products that are often at reduced prices.
Challenger Institute currently has the following ‘live works’ venues:
- Visage Health and Beauty Clinics. Offering beauty therapy treatments and natural therapies including massage, aromatherapy and naturopathy (Fremantle, Beaconsfield and Mandurah campuses).
- Visage Hairdressing Salon. Offering a full-range of hairdressing services, including cuts, colour and hair treatments (Beaconsfield Campus).
- Quinlan’s Cafe on High. Open for lunch Monday to Friday (cnr High Street and Mouat Street, Fremantle).
- Quinlan’s Training Restaurant. Open for lunch (Tuesday to Friday) and dinner (Monday to Friday) Beaconsfield Campus.
- Challenger K9 – Day care and day spa for dogs at our Murdoch campus.
Challenger Institute’s Peel Campus is located on the site of Western Australia’s first co-located school, TAFE and university campus in Mandurah.
Challenger Institute continuously strives to deliver the highest possible service to our customers and staff and as such, is the first TAFE college in Western Australia to achieve the highest award of a Gold rating in the AQTF (2007) Training Excellence accreditation process.
Challenger Institute was selected to be part of the initial trial and has now become one of only six large training providers nationally to be accredited to this level. TAFE Tasmania, Canberra Institute of Technology, East Gippsland Institute of TAFE, Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE and TAFE NSW Western Institute are the other TAFE Institutes who have received Gold-level accreditation within Australia. The Institute was assessed against the following criteria:
- People Development
- Learning & Assessment
- Relationship Management
- Integrated Information Management
The evaluation process was extensive with a team of four evaluators asking searching questions of the Managing Director, Managers and staff over a period of four days. The passion, professionalism and energy of staff was commented on by the AQTF Excellence evaluators. It has been through the efforts of all staff that Challenger Institute has achieved Gold status recognition.
Official Website : http://www.challenger.wa.edu.au